This Is The World's Largest Android Tablet (So Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
pretty sweet feature. how much is a 65inch touch screen though? just being able to play back 1080p content to a tv over hdmi would be sweet, but its too bad in dash dvd players dont have hdmi i/o support yet.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Again with misleading headlines from Toms. *having deja vu*

And as for this article...ehhh.

Hate to say it, but not really impressed. Why have fingerprints all over your screen when you can just output the device through HDMI and control it from the tablet? I do see some applications for having this though, just not many. Open to criticism :)

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I'd love my TV to have this functionality. Not that cool in the living room but very fancy in study/work room :) Thumbs up, looks great. Never mind fingerprints, we have microfibre cloths for that, quite cheap too.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
isnt a large tablet just a decent sized aio screen? hell i think one can easily use android in an aio.
android brands seem like grasping at gimmicks trying to make tablets popular. learn from apple how to sell bs!

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I think it will be great if the display is at native 1080p.

Otherwise it is more like a project with touch screen.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
"Never mind fingerprints, we have microfibre cloths for that, quite cheap too."

You know how annoying it would be to have to use a microfiber cloth on this every day? That screen is huge, we aren't talking the minor inconvenience of a small phone screen. Even on tablets you always see everyone's greasy fingerprints all over the screen.

Seriously either they need a touch-free approach to this kind of thing (like Kinect) or someone needs to come up with a fingerprint-free type of solution to coat them. Something seemingly so mundane would be a deal breaker for me personally.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gladosiri[/nom]One question. Why?[/citation]
Drop it on its side and have a competitor to Microsoft Surface, just like the tables in the cocktail lounge at the Rio in Vegas.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
um, why is this news. My Asus Transformer via HDMI puts the tablet display on a TV. So anything I do on my tablet happens on the screen. I could jump in my car, run over to bestbuy, hook it up to a $10,000 70inch LED display and have the biggest tablet in the world.

Now, if they were doing that wirelessly I would be impressed.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]Created by Istanbul, Turkey-based Ardic Technology...[/citation]
My Thanksgiving dinner will be turkey-based as well, on a large table(t). :)

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
" I could jump in my car, run over to bestbuy, hook it up to a $10,000 70inch LED display and have the biggest tablet in the world."

If that screen had a touch interface that would control the hardware in the tablet, which it wouldn't...

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ewood[/nom] but its too bad in dash dvd players dont have hdmi i/o support yet.[/citation]

Holy crap would that make things SO MUCH easier. Hell, if an in-dash DVD player supported VGA inputs I'd be happy because then I could do my long awaited car computer. Set it up with wireless tethering to my phone and a 1TB internal hard drive. ::homerdrool.jpg::

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
What bull. Almost any android tablet and some phones can be plugged into a TV. Yeah yeah, it has touch sensors, so what?

If you want to do a PRESENTATION with a tablet. The presenter would use... a 10" tablet hooked to a Projector or regular HDTV. Afterall, if you are PRESENTING in front of a crowd - having YOUR body and arms cover the part of the screen is... counter productive.

Stupid idea. Oh well... next.

brotoles

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Again with misleading headlines from Toms. *having deja vu*And as for this article...ehhh. Hate to say it, but not really impressed. Why have fingerprints all over your screen when you can just output the device through HDMI and control it from the tablet? I do see some applications for having this though, just not many. Open to criticism[/citation]

About the misleading headline... From what I could understand this is the way Ardic Tech is announcing this setup, but the writer right on the first paragraph explains that it is not a full-fledged tablet.

But extending on the topic, I don't really mind about the sometimes misleading headlines (indeed they do happen :) ), because this is a way the writer uses to draw you in, and we can't deny that it works! And if I find the subject boring, or the headline very misleading, I simply close the article and don't finish reading it. Not too much of a hassle.

And sometimes, though misleading, the article ends up being wortwhile! :)

Hope you don't feel offended by my reply, I just got the hook on the subject and thoght it would be nice to share an opinion about it. Thanks for the opportunity!

Regards to all

Brotoles

Status
Not open for further replies.