Thoughts on this laptop?

ZerozxCJ

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hello,

I recently asked for some input elsewhere regarding what laptop would be good for my needs (going to college soon; browsing, Netflix, occasional gaming, etc.) and I was directed to this one.

I was hoping for some additional input or advice. The person who suggested this laptop didn't go into too much detail. Does it seem like a decent one for the price point? Please do take a look at the specifications in detail and let me know your opinion. I'm definitely wary of Windows 8 -- I've been on Win7 for five years now -- and have heard mostly negative things about it, but since Win10 will be released in the next two or three months, maybe waiting it out on 8 won't be too terrible. I'm sure I can figure out the learning curve and then make the switch.

Beyond that, though, this laptop seems good overall. I'm by no means extremely knowledgeable of each component, so let me know. If you know of any laptops that would be just as good or better (maximum budget is around $700, though trying to stay in lower 600s), feel free to post links to them. A disclaimer: I'm already having decision fatigue, so maybe it isn't the best idea to throw more options at me...unless absolutely necessary. Haha.

If you're interested in reading my original post, which goes into a bit more detail of what I was/am looking for, you can see that here.

Thanks for any and all help.