Time for a new laptop?

May 19, 2018
My HP laptop has been really great, but I've been using I think I bit more than it was intended. Recently, a few keys have become hard to depress (most annoyingly the space bar), plus the port into which the power cord is plugged seems be be wearing out; I have to wiggle it around sometimes to connect to the power source.

Still, I kind of hate to part with it. I'm pretty sure the guy at the pc shop will try to talk me into getting a new one, but I just wanted to get other opinions as to whether having this one fixed would be cost-effective.

Solution
First off we really don't know anything about your unit. If its an older model and you have the money get a new one and fix your old one (Why get rid of it). If you don't want to purchase a new Laptop, purchase a power cord for it, Pop the keys out with a key tool, and clean it. It doesn't sound like any major issues just simple maintenance. But like I said why not treat yourself if you have the money and get a nice new one and keep the old one for whatever you want. Hell I have 1 laptop and 3 desktops ( one I built 7 years ago).

DarkEngine

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
First off we really don't know anything about your unit. If its an older model and you have the money get a new one and fix your old one (Why get rid of it). If you don't want to purchase a new Laptop, purchase a power cord for it, Pop the keys out with a key tool, and clean it. It doesn't sound like any major issues just simple maintenance. But like I said why not treat yourself if you have the money and get a nice new one and keep the old one for whatever you want. Hell I have 1 laptop and 3 desktops ( one I built 7 years ago).

Solution