Tom_123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
I have always utilized this site to read up on good laptops and reviews, now I need your help since my laptop just died on me. I’m in the service now so I don’t play/have time for games anymore or fully utilize a laptop to its potential other than for work, internet browsing, skype, and movies. Can anyone direct me to a new/used laptop for around $500 bucks.

I honestly don’t know what I am looking at anymore in regards to brand, specs, or just what a good laptop is anymore. Do I fall into the regular laptop or ultrabook category. (I always thought ultrabooks to be better suited for work computers ) All I care about/must have: 1 being the highest

1. Lightweight (sometimes I need to travel or carry my laptop to and from work- Screen size: B/T 14-15 I think is good. I had a 14" which I thought was perfect size. It would be nice to have a thin laptop as well if possible)
2. Speed (I multi task a lot, would like a fast computer with good enough ram to support)
3. Screen/Sound quality (Movies and music)
4.TV Port (whatever it is called haha, to connect TV screen to laptop)
5. Webcam
5. USB ports (at least 2)
6. Memory (Think nowadays average memory is 500gb? But I don’t think I will ever use that much anyways)

I am willing to spend more money if it’s worth it. I don’t plan on upgrading or buying a new laptop anytime soon unless it breaks. I truly appreciate the help guys.

Semper Fidelis

Tom_123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
badactor, appreciate the response. I'll take a look.

I forgot to mention I hate anything above windows 7. I'm old school and used to windows xp and windows 7, so to me windows 8 - 10 are confusing. If I were to buy this computer, would I be able to downgrade the operating system? And how easy would it be to delete all the bloatware (if any), on windows 10. First thing I usually do is delete everything I don't need.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
The first one is quite a bit better value. It has a more powerful CPU, bigger hard drive and better onboard graphics. It also has an HDMI port besides the VGA port for connecting to monitors and TV's.

Tom_123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
Gotcha. Probably suck up the windows 10, remove bloatware, and go for that one if there is no better laptop. I don't mind buy a used up laptop from ebay as well though.

Tom_123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015