Tomb Raider 2 is Already in Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
i had no doubt after playing the last 1. it was what was needed to refresh the franchise.
the game was easy to play in that moving around was fluid, and the maps were interesting. puzzles seemed a little easy in some case but there were a few stumpers. all in all pretty much as good as the first 2 for gameplay...

XngXtuHl

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
More correct to say Tomb Raider sequence in development
because Tomb Raider 2 already exist: http://www.gamespot.com/tomb-raider-ii/

StarBound

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I wish they would correct the naming. I played tomb raider 2 over a decade ago and my memory of it wasn't as pleasant as the original.

It's just curious that they announced the sequel after saying how bad the 3 million sales they got for it was. But hopefully we will see a more puzzled experience and a new game plus mode or explore mode with enemies will be welcomed.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I wish they would correct the naming. I played tomb raider 2 over a decade ago and my memory of it wasn't as pleasant as the original.

It's just curious that they announced the sequel after saying how bad the 3 million sales they got for it was. But hopefully we will see a more puzzled experience and a new game plus mode or explore mode with enemies will be welcomed.
I hope it's not becoming a trend to name new products as previous iterations were. Xbox One, Tomb Raider 2...anyhow hopefully it works out.

I never played Tomb Raider (2013), but as long as they listen to the fans all should go much better. Same thing applies to Thief, which can be a massive profit--if they play their cards right.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I'm dissapointed that they didn't also announce a new next-gen Deus Ex. After the recent tragedy that was Deus Ex: The Fall, it would have been nice if they'd given us Deus Ex fans some hope for the future.

RedundantInk

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
@shikamaru31789 I doubt we'll be seeing any news about another Deus Ex title until the "Directors Cut" version of Human Revolutions arrives.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I am most of the way through the reboot and love many aspects of it, but I really hope that the 2nd part will have more interesting puzzles. The first one has plenty of tombs... but they only take 5min to beat, and typically have very little reward. I just hope that next time the tombs take a little more to beat, give more reward, and play more role in the actual story.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I too played Tomb Raider 2 over a decade ago. It was, and will probably always be, the best Tomb Raider ever released. That was the golden age of Tomb Raider for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.