Solved! Too much RAM being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2020
Hello,
first of all, my main language is german so please don't hate me for my grammar but i really need help.
Also sorry if this is the wrong Forum section.
I've basically tried anything to reduce my current RAM usage,
i btw have a MSI GF72 8RE Laptop which has:
Nvidia GTX 1060
i7-8750H
16 GB RAM
and some other stuff.
So basically, right off laptop start, the RAM usage is on 3 GB (idle, nothing open in the background) even in safe start.
I've tried messing with the paging file stuff and registry editor, reinstalling every driver but nothing seemed to help, i don't want to go this far to reinstall windows or wipe a drive, so some help would be very kind.

Also here is a Task-Manager screenshot of my RAM usage in idle while nothing but Discord (Hardware Acceleration disabled) is running in the background:
Screenshot_74a8fecd1e5374764.png

Jul 6, 2020
The Problem is the Fact that literally every Game is running way worse after 6 months i've had the Laptop for, for Example, it was possible for me to smoothly play GTA and Fortnite, but right now, in almost every game i'm having FPS Drops and i'm even considerin buying a new one or simply reinstalling the whole thing but that would be my last option.
So i guess the RAM isn't a problem since it never uses the whole RAM,
on other Hand, every Game uses 100% of my NVIDIA GTX 1060, and i don't know why, i've tried reinstalling Drivers, reinstalling Geforce Experience, messing with Settings, Registry, Windows Settings and so on. Not a single solution found online sadly, maybe you guys know about something.

Jul 6, 2020
The Frame Drops in the Games started after i've accidentally wiped my C:/ Drive and had to reinstall Windows, my games are/were on my 1TB HDD tho.

Jul 6, 2020
check cpu/gpu temp?
malware scan the laptop?
reinstall all the driver from msi website? chipset/gpu
Even though i saw this message just now, thanks.
I did exactly that, and all games are working pretty fine now, never gonna update NVIDIA Drivers again, i've experimented a bit and recognized that the newest NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers are not working well with the Notebook GTX 1060.
So this is solved now.

Reactions: rgd1101
Status
Not open for further replies.