Top 7 Things You Shouldn't Do On Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowmanga

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
8. Don't friend people you don't know. I constantly get requests from people I don't know, and I feel like the person using the account is just trying to get my info.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
currently there seems to be a glitch with the birthday... there is option to create a list, of say personal friends, or trusted... which you would want them to know your birthday for example...

but editing the privacy and letting only your trusted friends see your birthday and not displaying birthday on your profile means nobody sees your birthday... which is fault of facebook...

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
3. if facebook would fix there mess, you could potentially only give your closest friend and relatives private info, the issue with that is if they have info or options that might show to others :/ and someone could fish your info through there "friends connection"

which is sad IMO, i think you can go into details on editing privacy but it takes a while and i doubt that even 1/4 (techy) of ppl will bother

G

P.S. enforce all the granular settings in privacy (only friends, etc). It used to be that if you did not, others who weren't allowed to see your profile could still see your pictures if the permissions were (allow everyone). If you use notes like a blog, and want it semiprivate, enforce such too, because notes were by default, open to the public.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Sadly, changing the privacy options no longer has any effect in reality, and nothing that you post there will ever truly go away even if you change it.

Best bet is don't even go there.

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I had a facebook account, I created it for college. It had all my info in it and was set to private. I forgot the password then about a year later the school changed there email system. Still not worried I left it. Then Facebook opened up all users to public unless you reset it. My account is now free for everyone to see and I cann't do anything about it.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]casperstouch[/nom]I had a facebook account, I created it for college. It had all my info in it and was set to private. I forgot the password then about a year later the school changed there email system. Still not worried I left it. Then Facebook opened up all users to public unless you reset it. My account is now free for everyone to see and I cann't do anything about it.[/citation]

Report it as an invalid name and/or hacked.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]you forgot the most important rule... DO NOT befriend Kip Drordy. It's social suicide[/citation]
That's bad friend stock right there.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
i love facebook stalking, so many artards let friends of friends access all the info on their page, i dont even use my real name on fb, and so many people will accept anyone who sends them a friend request...

blacksins

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
11. Do not "like" every damn thing you see on your news feed.
12. If Michael Jackson added you, remove your kid photos ASAP!
13. There is a "Logout" button available in facebook, use it.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Funny as a long time privacy nut i already set my profile to friends only or friends of friends and all my person info is pretty much only for me, my friends know me zeesh this is just a easy way to contact them etc.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
So do all these comments mean nobody on Tom's wants to be my friend? Ugh, heartbroken.

Oh well, this quote helped a little: "so many artards"

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't understand #4. Why is it bad if your kid's name is on face book? Who cares if somebody sees their photo and knows their name. How is that a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.