Top keys on laptop aren't working

emma23

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
My asus laptop is around 2 weeks old and the very top keys on the keyboard are not working. How do I fix this?

Solution
when you say they aren't working, what are you expecting to happen?

With all laptops the F or Function keys can serve 2 purposes, the little icons on them can be used to put your laptop in airplane mode, disable the trackpad or turn the volume up and down, or they can be switched to work as windos functions, IE open the help menu when you press f1 for example.

this is usually done by pressing and holding the Fn button while you press the function button on the top row. or there is usually a bios option to switch the mode in which the function keys operate.

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
when you say they aren't working, what are you expecting to happen?

With all laptops the F or Function keys can serve 2 purposes, the little icons on them can be used to put your laptop in airplane mode, disable the trackpad or turn the volume up and down, or they can be switched to work as windos functions, IE open the help menu when you press f1 for example.

this is usually done by pressing and holding the Fn button while you press the function button on the top row. or there is usually a bios option to switch the mode in which the function keys operate.

Solution

CITechRRR

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
I'm having a guess here but do you mean Function keys / F keys? a lot of laptop / desktop keyboards have a colour coded Fn key (on the Space Bar row of keys) which now accesses the F Keys. If all of that is not relevant to your problem return it under warranty.