Question Top part of the screen is "reflected" at the bottom part of the screen. Any fixes?

Jul 1, 2021
Hi I have a Dell G7 17 7700 and lately the top part of the screen as the title says, shows up somehow ghosted at the bottom part, at the taskbar. I can still see the pinned programs at the taskbar and all but the lines that are flashing are very annoying. I've got this problem for a year now and I've tried clean installing graphics drivers and also OS reinstallation and LCD tests. The problem does not appear in BIOS or when I watch videos in fullscreen or play games. It just appears when the laptop first turns on at the lockscreen and in the desktop or when I open opera gx or any browser app or when I open folders. It's always there the moment I turn on the laptop. Any ideas? I found another person who has the same problem but no solution.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/b3qwsb/blackflashing_bar_across_bottom_of_screen_on_my/

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Hi I have a Dell G7 17 7700 and lately the top part of the screen as the title says, shows up somehow ghosted at the bottom part, at the taskbar. I can still see the pinned programs at the taskbar and all but the lines that are flashing are very annoying. I've got this problem for a year now and I've tried clean installing graphics drivers and also OS reinstallation and LCD tests. The problem does not appear in BIOS or when I watch videos in fullscreen or play games. It just appears when the laptop first turns on at the lockscreen and in the desktop or when I open opera gx or any browser app or when I open folders. It's always there the moment I turn on the laptop. Any ideas? I found another person who has the same problem but no solution.

I think the display cable may be loose. If you are comfortable you can try taking the laptop apart and reseating the cable. I had an Eluktronics Mech-15HS that had the same problem, and the display cable was not seated properly. $1200 laptop half off lol

Jul 1, 2021
I hope that is the problem, because I talked with Dell and they said it's the motherboard and that we should replace it... But the thing is I doubt it's the mobo and besides if I change the mobo to a refurbished one.. I might as well get a new laptop 🤷🏼

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I hope that is the problem, because I talked with Dell and they said it's the motherboard and that we should replace i

Dell's tech support is abysmal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go5tLO6ipxw

I might as well get a new laptop

Your laptop is the 2020 model, so it's already a couple years behind with 2022 in full swing.

If it were me I'd yeet it on eBay, wait for a sale, and get me a new laptop. HP's business laptops are much more rugged and are partial magnesium chassis - I avoid plastic chassis laptops like the plague.

Give the screen connector a wiggle and see if that resolves the problem. if not, the actual screen may be at fault and a new one may fix the issue. And if not, then it's time for a new laptop.