Torntv downloader has taken over my iso files!! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014
Hello,
I wanted to install a program and torntv downloader showed up with its agreements so i refused but however it changed my browesers homepage and my iso files- it set itself as an iso reader or something- how do i ger rid of it? i uninstalled it but it's still here as an iso reader.
( it says is in my user-administrator-appdata-roaming-torntvdownloader but there is no appdata file so i can get rid of it)

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

I have unistalled it and removed it from my browser tools, but its still showing as an iso viewer and "mystartsearch" as my homepage. now i an scanning with the anti smart defender 2

AliMardan1

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
Is no problem, just set defalt program (win rar or any other) you use for iso and then disable torn tv process from task manager and delete every file of torn tv manually

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

I have uninstalled it, removed it from program files,no such task in the task manager, from my browser, from app data and its still there!!! Every downloaded file is recorded as Type: TornTvDonloader. Anything else. I have set as an option to preinstall windows. Ignoring it for me just isn't an option.

Remove all extensions from your browser (at least ones you don't know about).

Right click on a file, hit 'Open With', and select another program, making sure to tick the 'Always open files of this type with this program' checkbox.

(not sure about the exact wording; not running Windows)

AliMardan1

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

go to the process process bar and sevice bar of task manager if you see file any thing of torn tv then end that if this dont works then you have to reinstall windows

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

It's not there, but nevermind i will reset my windows (8.1) I have other things to fix which i missed in the first Win instalation. When I instal the drivers, java, adobe, etc., I will do a back up - something i should have done before- .

shipdog7

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Use the free Eset scanner. It picked up 3 infections caused by Torntv even after an uninstall. Do a search of your computer for leftover files of Torntv. I use free Everything. I had about 8 of them. Delete them. Still not feeling secure I ran HiJackThis. Found 2 mentions of Torntv. .....Fix it. Still not feeling secure ran free Regseeker which I have used for many years with absolutely no problems. It found 63 files in the registry of Torntv. Delete them. I would also turn off your system restore. It will delete all restore points with Torntv in them. Reset a new restore after a restart of computer.

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

Thanks but i just reinstalled windows. If i do something stupid again i will have it in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.