Torrent speed doesn't go over 1 MB/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhayk

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
I have an internet connection of 100 megabits/per second and i get around 12 MB/s when downloading stuff from google or on steam but I only get 1 MB/s max speed while using bit torrent.

Solution

Is that so? Then what are so called legit pdf copies of copyrighted books and cracked android games with unlimited money doing there? You are to blame and no one will help you.
ask your ISP for help or go find a solution for yourself.

Lutfij

Splendid
What are you downloading with Torrent? In all honesty the source of your files will be the deciding factor when talking about download speeds. On another note, are you certain your ISP oisn't limiting your download speeds? Google's content will be cached which is why they will download faster.

abhayk

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

I download only free legal stuff and no my ISP isn't limiting my download speed because my friend has the same ISP and he downloaded the same file and he got around 10 MB/s while I only get max 1 MB/s

bignastyid

Splendid

That's not what you said in may.
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3715313/slow-torrent-speed.html

abhayk

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

Because it takes days to download some of these stuff and with torrent I can pause and restart downloading whenever I want

ron2456

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
It depends on the amount of peers that the torrent has and that how much your isp caches the torrent file. Also as I saw in the link downloading movies and tv shows via torrent is illegal and considered piracy. So i request the mods to close this thread.

abhayk

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

http://www.legittorrents.info/
I use this website to download stuff and its completely legal in my country also its not because of peers as I crosschecked it with my friend who has the same isp and he gets full speed . Whatever I download no matter the seeds I get max 1 MB/s

ron2456

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
darkbreeze said:
What sort of games are you trying to download via torrent?

Abhayk said:
I download movies and tv shows mostly

This is from your post on toms guide. There you clearly admitted that you use torrent to download movies and tv show. I assume you are from India (from your name), so its definitely illegal there.

abhayk

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014

legittorrents.com is not illegal in India and there are free movies and tv shows available on that website go check it yourself

ron2456

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Is that so? Then what are so called legit pdf copies of copyrighted books and cracked android games with unlimited money doing there? You are to blame and no one will help you.
ask your ISP for help or go find a solution for yourself.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.