Toshiba A305 will not boot

Brightstar

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
Toshiba A305 will not boot. I tried the restore disk - no good. I tried to reinstall Win 7. It gets to a certain point and freezes (blue screen with mouse pointer). Checked memory - good. Removed hard drive and checked on another computer - hard drive works perfectly. Reset bios. Nothing works.

[Moderator edit: OS = Windows 7]

Solution
Hey there, Brightstar.

If it's not the HDD or the RAM, then it could be a faulty HDD SATA port/cable (having in mind that the HDD worked perfectly on another computer). I'd suggest that you try another HDD with the same computer in order to find out if the same thing happens again. Also, there could be a loose connection on the motherboard somewhere or an issue with the mobo itself.
Basically the best option here is to send it to a service shop for repairs if you can't figure it out on your own, although you did pretty well trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, Brightstar.

If it's not the HDD or the RAM, then it could be a faulty HDD SATA port/cable (having in mind that the HDD worked perfectly on another computer). I'd suggest that you try another HDD with the same computer in order to find out if the same thing happens again. Also, there could be a loose connection on the motherboard somewhere or an issue with the mobo itself.
Basically the best option here is to send it to a service shop for repairs if you can't figure it out on your own, although you did pretty well trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution