Toshiba Chromebook 2 or Dell Chromebook 11?

ScientificMethod

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I need help deciding on which would be better? I've watched and read so many reviews on these that I still can't decide on which one. Both are solid devices and offer 4 GB ram and are around $300. Tell me whats the pro's or cons of each. I'll be using this for school and school only since I already have a gaming PC at home. Usually when I'm trying to decide on purchasing an item I go to the store, but I can't find any stores around me that have them on display.

Loganrmcclellan

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Toshiba Chromebook 2: The screen, the beautifully stunning screen! It has a 1080p IPS display. Yum!

Dell Chromebook 11: The slightly (only slightly) more powerful processor. Honestly, it looks kind of blah to me.

My pick: Acer Chromebook c910 out in a week or two.

Loganrmcclellan

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I know, I've been absolutely dying to get one ever since I first saw it at CES. It's like a dream come true.

Loganrmcclellan

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Also, if you are ever planning on dual booting linux on your Chromebook, keep an eye on Evolve OS. It's easily one of the most beautiful and user friendly distros I've ever seen.

dR78TEr.jpg

I plan on using Chrome OS the majority of the time, but if I ever need a fuller featured OS I'll have Evolve ready and waiting. Right now they're in beta, but from my experience it still works nicely.