Toshiba L675-10v problem

NBClue

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
Hi all!
Im using W7 x86. Got this Toshiba notebook with ati mobility hd 5470 graphics and after about 10 minutes had started to get no signal on main screen but only on external monitor in low res. when i try to install appropriate driver(s) and reboot, i get a BSOD on atikmpeg.sys (or something like it).
Still got the same problem, I've tried latest drivers from toshiba for this model, ati's latest, even older versions but to no avail. Im beginning to think that its not a driver but perhaps a hardware failure, but cant be sure.
I would welcome any kind of help.
Thx

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
That graphics card is just a little old, and from what I see online, it will not support a 1080p monitor. What is the resolution of your external monitor? Also, hit Windows-Key-P and switch screens to go back to your laptop's screen.

Edit: I might be wrong about that res.

NBClue

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
Ext monitor is 17" Samsung 710n, 1280x1024 res, using it just for testing purpose. I've tried win+P but nothing, picture is still on ext monitor, nothing on internal. If i didnt made clear, the low res is not a problem (or I might be wrong) but having no picture on internal screen is (perhaps it might be linked in some weird way which im not familiar with) :)