Toshiba Laptop came with Windows 7 Issues Re-Installing 7 now can only Install Windows XP

nfopus

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I have a Toshiba Laptop L675D-7052 that came originally with Windows 7. I did and update on the Toshiba website and my computer started running slow so I rebooted computer and now it will not boot. I reformatted drive and have the install disc from Toshiba and still can't install Windows 7, or 8 or 10 but I can install Windows XP only. Very confused here please help.

Solution
Hello nfopus

Looks like it is the AHCI controller that is not able to recognize Windows 7 and above operating systems.

You can change the controller from AHCI to Legacy in the BIOS settings and then try installing Windows 7.

Also, you can get the AHCI controller driver for your laptop for Windows 7 from here.

You can use vLite to add the AHCI driver to the bootable .ISO image of Windows 7 that you want to install.

Hope this helps.
Hello nfopus

Looks like it is the AHCI controller that is not able to recognize Windows 7 and above operating systems.

You can change the controller from AHCI to Legacy in the BIOS settings and then try installing Windows 7.

Also, you can get the AHCI controller driver for your laptop for Windows 7 from here.

You can use vLite to add the AHCI driver to the bootable .ISO image of Windows 7 that you want to install.

Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS