Solved! Toshiba laptop indicator lights

Nov 29, 2018
The 3 lights on the front of my laptop stay amber white amber. They never change to green. It doesn't boot right. I unplug it at night and it takes 3 attempts to get it going in the morning. Any ideas?

Solution

You don't need to install 8 then 10, just install 10. Then you logon to your Microsoft account during setup it will activate. The model you have is a low end one with a slow CPU, I would replace it rather than keep messing with it if you need to spend money on the fix.
Nov 29, 2018
Satellite C855D-S5354. I unplug it so the cat doesn't chew the cord. (silly I know) And no, I just unplug it. don't do a shut down, hmmm wonder if that would help... So, what happens is that I plug it back in, and it usually says 15 minutes to full charge, even tho it is dead before I plug it in. So it will start and I'll get the windows screen with the outdoor scene of the day, but in the bottom right corner the start button and another button is large, and when I hit enter, it should bring up the sign on screen, but it won't. So I hit either restart or shut down and so from there. Sometimes it takes a while to go thru the toshiba screen etc. Sometimes the big button come back and I have to do it again. When the smaller icon button is at the bottom, when I hit enter it will bring up the microsoft login screen and I can log in. I think the battery isn't holding a charge. I've had multitude of problems with this since windows 10 came and installed itself, even tho they said my laptop was compatible, Now all of a sudden they (microsoft) say it isn't. So It's crashed a couple of times, I've had to do a complete reinstall of both windows 8 and then windows 10. I think by now I could have just bought a new laptop., as ms charged me for both of those reinstalls with a cd.
Thanks for your help

You need to do a proper shut down, not just unplug it. No idea why MS would have charged you to do a setup of 10, you don't need to install 8 first, can just install 10 again. You may want to have someone there that knows about computers look at your setup, seems like it's a mess, and it's hard to sort out from the posts. If the battery is not holding a charge, just unplugging it would cause it to shut down due to power loss, which means corrupt system files or a damaged hard drive is possible.

Nov 29, 2018

Nov 29, 2018
My system crashed and i couldn't even get it to reboot. I had to do a complete reinstall of windows 8 and theneach update and then reinstall windows 10 and each up date. I installed a new hard drive too. I don't. know if it's worth buying a new battery and transformer cord, or just get another laptop. Thanks for trying to help

You don't need to install 8 then 10, just install 10. Then you logon to your Microsoft account during setup it will activate. The model you have is a low end one with a slow CPU, I would replace it rather than keep messing with it if you need to spend money on the fix.

Solution
Nov 29, 2018

Nov 29, 2018
Since my laptop was a complete blank, I had microsoft on the phone for hours and they told me that since this laptop was originally a windows 8 that I had to start over with my laptop like a reinstall and put that on and then windows 10. That's probably what messed it up