Toshiba laptop keyboard not working at all

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wammoman

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
on my toshiba laptop (satellite pro s300m-s2403), the keyboard does not work at all but the touchpad forks fine. A Microsoft Natural Keyboard plugs in USB and works, but I'd rather have the onboard keyboard most of the time. How to fix? Any driver fix needed? An uninstall----re-install? Or do I have a hardware problem? What can I do to diagnose the problem I have?

Anna Mae

Estimable
May 5, 2015

Oh my word I love you. I could NOT figure this out and toshiba seem to want to keep this info top secret for some reason! Ridiculous! (I knew it wasn't a hardware issue coz the keys were 'clicking' when I hit them. Nearly did hit them a bit harder...) THANK YOU! How did you find out???

AskDon

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Best Buy service person knew immediately that my problem was a recent Windows update, and that the only solution was to completely restore my computer back to new. Lost all data (I had backups) and all programs that did not come with the machine. Did that. Then 3 days later, an automatic Windows update trashed the machine again -- no keyboard, no touchpad

Danilo Franco

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015

Danilo Franco

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
AskDon. I have one which I bought in US. I live in Brazil and I am facing same issue. Please as soon as you find a solution, please share with me. I am totally devastated! (danilo_franco@yahoo.com)

Danilo Franco

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
AskDon. I have one which I bought in US. I live in Brazil and I am facing same issue. Please as soon as you find a solution, please share with me. I am totally devastated! (danilo_franco@yahoo.com)

Song Thuong

Estimable
Aug 19, 2015
After installing windows 10, windows start to download and install update . I see
Synaptics pointing Device driver version 19.0.9.5 conflicts with my laptop Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7226 . Problem is after updating (installing) some keyboards did not work such as keyboards 1,2,3,4 and spacebar.

So I enter control panel, choose Uninstall program and click Synaptics pointing Device driver to uninstall it. After that my keyboard get back to normal.

Karmensita

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
Thank you very much Joe! It's very helpful. In fact this problem is still actual.
I have 'temporarily' fixed it: I have upgraded the BIOS as you suggested and the keyboard works but every time I turn off my laptop, when I switch on then I have again the same problem. I followed another suggestion I found in this forum: I hold down the right SHIFT button until I hear a noise and it works. So at the moment, every time I turn on the laptop, I have to press the shift button.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Louisekingtx

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

THIS WORKED!!!! thanks so much. So frustrating that an update to software messes up Toshiba keyboards. Shame on Toshiba for not letting it's customers know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.