Solved! Toshiba Laptop no signs of life ( CMOS Battery )

Aug 9, 2021
Hello! I made little scraches under cmos battery by mistake and after i put back cmos battery Toshiba Satellite laptop doesn’t start. There is no power ( its connected to power ), doesn’t show battery or no other light. Totally no signs of life. I want to ask the problem is on motherboard, Cmos battery or another thing? How can i check and proceed? Please help me, thanks!

Solution
You likely broke some printed circuit traces which can be very narrow. Repairing such damage is not simple unless you have some experience. You may find a shop that can do it. By looking carefully (probably with a microscope) you should be able to see if there is damage.

The other thing that may have happened is you damaged something else when you took it apart. Unless you follow good practices (including ESD precautions) there is a change to damage something. I see this happen a lot on here. Figuring this out yourself is quite difficult unless you are skilled in electronics.
You likely broke some printed circuit traces which can be very narrow. Repairing such damage is not simple unless you have some experience. You may find a shop that can do it. By looking carefully (probably with a microscope) you should be able to see if there is damage.

The other thing that may have happened is you damaged something else when you took it apart. Unless you follow good practices (including ESD precautions) there is a change to damage something. I see this happen a lot on here. Figuring this out yourself is quite difficult unless you are skilled in electronics.

Solution
Aug 9, 2021

Thank you very much!