Toshiba Laptop Review

aamaurya

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
I am planning to buy "Toshiba Satellite S55T-B5150" but not very sure of Toshiba as a brand. Frankly for the Specs of this laptop the price (745$) is very cheap.
Specs:
i7 4720HQ
12 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
Touchscreen.
No graphic card.

I am not into gaming but play occasionally not very intensive graphic ones, I will be mostly using laptop for my schoolwork.

Can someone help me to know the Toshiba as a brand or anything specific to the model mentioned?
Also if there are any alternative for the same config in the range of 700-800$??

I have used HP it has overheating issues.
Dell- expensive and not upto the mark now a days.

Solution
I generally like Toshiba laptops, and agree that this looks like a good deal. I also agree that Dell is quite overrated. You won't miss touchscreen.

Just realize the price is less because it is the integrated gpu, and this Haswell chip is getting cleared out as Skylake will be coming for the Fall.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
I generally like Toshiba laptops, and agree that this looks like a good deal. I also agree that Dell is quite overrated. You won't miss touchscreen.

Just realize the price is less because it is the integrated gpu, and this Haswell chip is getting cleared out as Skylake will be coming for the Fall.

Solution

aamaurya

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Yes as I said I am not into gaming that much so putting money for dedicated GPU will be a waste.
The things which I wanted to ask about Toshiba are
1. Heating Issues (My dell inspiron runs on 80 degrees)
2. Build quality
3. Customer support (USA)

If these things are good I am ready to buy it.

Do you have any alterantive option (except HP) in the range of 700-800$ for the similar config?

TRENDING THREADS