Toshiba: Our Tablet Will Be Superior to iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Well it will be good to see stiff competition in this tablet market. I was disappointed by the iPad 2's cameras and screen resolution but the iOS is still very nice. More competition = better consumer products!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
sigh tablets. more tablets.

when they become super mainstream, i will pick one up for no more than $300. maybe i'll NEED it one day as well... but for now, my pc does everything i could ever want it to. hell, even a netbook would be nice...

G

Why the hell you need a tablet?!

Anyways, I am glad for Toshiba

G

@otacon72 - Depends what you use your netbook for. I can play Dead Space or Need for Speed on my iPad, make music with the Korg synthesizer or Rebirth apps, and run plenty of other apps that do not run on a netbook. Conversely there are plenty of apps that run on a netbook that won't run on a pad. Just because you don't need a pad doesn't mean nobody does. By the time MS release Windows and Office for a tablet, there will be hundreds of thousands of iOS and Android apps, and tens of thousands of HP/Palm and RIM apps. MS will be struggling to attract developers at that point.

G

to beat apple, it has to be better, and it has to cost less.
Toshiba will probably scrimp on the screen.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
They released 2.2 for my netbook and then dropped support for it entirely, and even removing the support forum from their website.

They better look after their customers with this tablet or so help me.. I'll do absolutely nothing.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
My class 6 - 8gb SD card for $17 (free shipping and tax from newegg) is in the mail right now to turn my wifes $250 Nook Color into a honeycomb tablet. Sure it wont have a camera, and probably wont be able to play videos all that well... but for surfing the web and checking emails at any WiFi hotspot, or just lounging on the couch - you can't beat that price. Looking forward to seeing how it handles angry birds. If I like it enough, I'll probably go out and buy myself a nook as well just so I don't have to fight her for it.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Why does Tom's, with 1.4 million readers, have poor sub-headline grammar? "...will be far more superior..." Superior is superior, you don't use it if the product isn't the greatest. That's like me saying, "Tom's is the more greatest of the tech sites over Engadget". It doesn't make any sense.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
It will be 6 months before Honeycomb's bugs are fixed and there are any apps for it. Sorry Android you have missed the boat, the only people who will be an Android tablet are fanbois.

iPad still the daddy.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]It will be 6 months before Honeycomb's bugs are fixed and there are any apps for it. Sorry Android you have missed the boat, the only people who will be an Android tablet are fanbois.iPad still the daddy.[/citation]

Yeah..and iPad is very cheap.Competition may cause its price to increase ..not good for the consumers:(.I agree with you.. "Long Live Steve Jobs".

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
"We are confident that we can match pricing for their new iPad 2 while delivering a device that is richer in features,"

Problem is that to break into the iPad market, and it is owned by the iPad at the moment, you have to BEAT (not just match) the iPad on pricing AND specs AND performance. That is a tough challenge, though I do hope they succeed... I'm tired of hearing everything about the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.