Question Toshiba Power On Problem

If you are not very careful, taking apart a laptop can break it. Here's what you should do:
  • Ignore the "helpful" youtube videos. Most of these are incorrect.
  • Get the service manual for your machine. Usually you can find these on the internet.
  • Pay attention to the procedure for disassembling the laptop. Pay special attention to ESD procedures. Ignoring this is how laptops often get damaged. ESD damage can be difficult to diagnose.
  • Don't use any brushes or a vacuum (unless held away from things). A spotless interior is not necessary.
  • I'm pretty skeptical of repasting. Some small benefit is sometimes gained for intense users. I've never needed to do it myself.
I see a lot of posts like yours and a feel bad for you. Your problem could be a simple as something not reconnected properly or you blew some components on your motherboard and it is now toast. If you touched things on the motherboard without ESD precautions, it is possible you zapped something. You may need to take it to a good repair shop or sent it in to Toshiba.

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
If you are not very careful, taking apart a laptop can break it. Here's what you should do:
  • Ignore the "helpful" youtube videos. Most of these are incorrect.
  • Get the service manual for your machine. Usually you can find these on the internet.
  • Pay attention to the procedure for disassembling the laptop. Pay special attention to ESD procedures. Ignoring this is how laptops often get damaged. ESD damage can be difficult to diagnose.
  • Don't use any brushes or a vacuum (unless held away from things). A spotless interior is not necessary.
  • I'm pretty skeptical of repasting. Some small benefit is sometimes gained for intense users. I've never needed to do it myself.
I see a lot of posts like yours and a feel bad for you. Your problem could be a simple as something not reconnected properly or you blew some components on your motherboard and it is now toast. If you touched things on the motherboard without ESD precautions, it is possible you zapped something. You may need to take it to a good repair shop or sent it in to Toshiba.
The thing is.. when I put it's battery, the logo and the storage lights stay on for about 1 min, if i put the charger on, doesn't do anything.

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
Hello everyone, again.
Yesterday I was cleaning my laptop (Toshiba Equium P300-17t) and suddenly now it won't start again. All connectors were connected properly, all dust has been cleaned, thermal paste was also changed, but it doesn't turn on. When I put the charger in, the Equium logo and storage light shows up for 2 seconds, then disappear. I removed the motherboard again and put it back, but no luck.
What should I try now?
Does another motherboard fit in this case or should I buy the same motherboard? It's around 25-35£ as I've seen on eBay.
Thanks in advance.