Toshiba problem HELP

Monster_2

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Hi there,

I'm having a MASSIVE issue at the moment with my laptop which is a (Toshiba satellite C850)

It may be hard to explain but I'll try my best.

Whenever I begin to turn my latop on after it has loaded to the password login screen, simply as I always have is type it in and everything was fine, NOW when I continue to do so my lock screen will not comply by acting strange bringing up the side menu. Not working when I'm typing on the keyboard and morse code beeping in the back ground.

All my tafe work that is due in a day is on here and I cannot afford to have it looked at , please please someone out there help me, Iv googled all I can but no one has the same issue.

Solution
Ahhh yes - TAFE hand in deadlines ... eeek. It gets even worse for Uni let me say.

I understand that this next sentence will be of little comfort to you at the moment but this is why you should ALWAYS backup especially in the case of assignments and the like - I'm sure your instructors would have told you to do so and unfortunately they will more than likely not accept the fact that you have a computer problem for late submission of work ... anyways ... let's hope it has been lesson learned and move along ...

Try the simple solution being a System Restore first to see if it works (and at this stage I will assume you are using a Windows OS variant):

For Windows 7:

From a complete shutdown state ...

1) Boot into Safe Mode if you are...

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Ahhh yes - TAFE hand in deadlines ... eeek. It gets even worse for Uni let me say.

I understand that this next sentence will be of little comfort to you at the moment but this is why you should ALWAYS backup especially in the case of assignments and the like - I'm sure your instructors would have told you to do so and unfortunately they will more than likely not accept the fact that you have a computer problem for late submission of work ... anyways ... let's hope it has been lesson learned and move along ...

Try the simple solution being a System Restore first to see if it works (and at this stage I will assume you are using a Windows OS variant):

For Windows 7:

From a complete shutdown state ...

1) Boot into Safe Mode if you are able by tapping the F8 key prior to the Windows glowing logo splashscreen
2) Select Safe Mode from the available options
3) Login with your usual password
4) Click Start button > Control Panel (Select View by: Large Icons ... if not in that view already) > Recovery > Open System Restore > Next > Checkbox on Show more restore points > Select Restore point Date and Time prior to when you started having this issue > Next > Finish
5) All going well your computer will restart normally and your problem will be solved

For Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10:

From the Login screen (assuming that the side menu doesn't block your power options button)

1) DON'T type anything in the password entry field
2) Click the Power Button in the bottom right hand corner of the login screen
3) Hold the Shift Key down and click Restart from the Power Button options
4) Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore
5) Follow your nose from here (the steps are identical if not basically the same as from step 4) above in relation to Windows 7 System Restore)

Good luck and all the best with your studies :)

Solution

Monster_2

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Haha yes it was thought but it was a little two late at the time it happened just as was to back everything up. Boom.

Thanks so much for your response , I will try the techniques now :) honestly you are a life saver!

just quickly though as you said above it will not delete anything in the system will it?

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016

Sorry for the late reply - been away a couple of days.

Should not delete anything other than restoring the machine to the last known good configuration if as I say you select a Restore Point PRIOR TO when you started having problems.

Your System and Files should all be good (if perhaps a driver that was installed recently or a bug got in the System via a bad download or something like that then System Restore should solve it for you - should being the operative word).