toshiba qosmio x505-q850 worth $500??

l_Scheres

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Would like to get the lady a new laptop for christmas, have been looking for something that will play her sims 3 nice and smooth. In the new price range ive found this leveno g505s but i found a toshiba on CL for $500 heres the specs,

Screen Size 18.4 inches
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM 6 GB DDR3
Memory Speed 1066 MHz
Card Description GeForce GTX 460M
Graphics Card Ram Size 1024 MB
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 3
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2 Hard drives: 60GB Solid State, 465GB

UPDATE: Also comes with a case a wireless mouse, lol extra bonus not really worth much but a nice bonus

i think he added a 2gb of ram, id replace the ram with two 4gb stick, and it looks like he tossed in a second SSD hardrive. Which do you think is the better deal??

Also i should add my budget for this is about $600

Solution
Hey hey, my old gaming laptop, albeit with a few minor differences (360m and no SSD on mine). Kinda suprised its 1066 ram, mine had 1333 and that one should be a few months newer.

Sadly my rig crapped out on me in its 3rd year. Personally i'd be intensely leery of buying used laptops (u dont know how much hardcore abuse he put on it), not to mention the build is kinda flimsy, and heat vents placed right next to where your mouse hand would be (dunno how the hell that got pass QA testers). SSD is always very nice, 8 gbs for light gaming is totally fine, but the biggest selling point of this series is the 18.4" screen. It's DAMN nice to use to watch vids and fills the home entertainment role very well, tbh im having issues getting...

vae victus

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hey hey, my old gaming laptop, albeit with a few minor differences (360m and no SSD on mine). Kinda suprised its 1066 ram, mine had 1333 and that one should be a few months newer.

Sadly my rig crapped out on me in its 3rd year. Personally i'd be intensely leery of buying used laptops (u dont know how much hardcore abuse he put on it), not to mention the build is kinda flimsy, and heat vents placed right next to where your mouse hand would be (dunno how the hell that got pass QA testers). SSD is always very nice, 8 gbs for light gaming is totally fine, but the biggest selling point of this series is the 18.4" screen. It's DAMN nice to use to watch vids and fills the home entertainment role very well, tbh im having issues getting used to a 17 incher now! If youre willing to roll the dice on him being a standup guy and not selling you a lemon, i wouldnt offer more than 400 bucks. I'll admit it is PERFECT for what you want, but used electronics always make me shiver.

Man, if i was a dick i can cover up my laptops issues to stand up a semi decent inspection and rip off someone bad via CL or some other anon service... which is exactly what im afraid of when purchasing stuff off CL!

Solution