Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q892 showing Plugging in, Charging 0% after system hang

tsk1979

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
I have a Qosmio laptop. Windows 7 hung during shutdown(I had put down lid), and battery drained to zero.

After that it will not charge. It showes 0%, Plugged in charging. Battery charge light glows yellow as it should.

These are the things I have tried
1. Removed cables and battery, pressed power button for 30 seconds
2. Removed driver from Windows 7 and did scan for new hardware to again install driver
3. Now I have installed windows 10 too. Again, same problem, it will be at 0%. Plugged in, charging

Any other suggestions?
Sometimes, when I had a bios hang(due to infamous password lock feature), I used to remove back panel and short the jumper. Any jumpers to short for this issue?

Hi,

Since you have tried most of the following troubleshooting steps, you may need to contact Toshiba support team for further possible troubleshooting step or may require replacing either the battery or the AC adapter.

- Remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Uninstall ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery from Device Manager then reboot your laptop and that should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- Lastly before you contact Toshiba is to perform a System Restore.
- Restore it back from a date or time before this problem even started happening.
- Or if this still won't resolve the issue and you're eager in fixing this issue without contacting Toshiba first you can perform a Factory reset as well.

tsk1979

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
How to do a factory reset? For Bios reset I know which jumpers to short. But no idea about system reset. Or I can try shorting all jumpers after opening the laptop and then try a reboot