Solved! Laptop doesn't work without charger plugged in, while battery shows that it's at 0 percent and discharging(Windows 10)

Jul 2, 2019
Hello. I have an Asus F550JX-DM 247D laptop and the problem is with the battery .

I have tried letting it charge for hours, but it just won't charge. When I have my battery in, while the laptop is plugged in and "charging", if I unplug it it turns off instantly.

Also, my battery says "0%, discharging" when plugged in.

Should I just get a new battery at this point? I have used the laptop mainly for gaming and had it plugged in while gaming because i have better FPS while it's plugged in.

You need a new battery. That one is done for. Just be sure you do not get an aftermarket one. While it may seem like a great idea, as they usually cost less, they aren't a good idea. They are usually made of much cheaper parts and can even be damaging to a device. Stick with the OEM battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
lgdragon040 Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 5
O Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 8
S Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop hung while playing fifa 19 with charger plugged in, working perfectly on battery.
Solved! What to do when your laptop does not charge and the charger is plugged in?and it does not show "not charging"
Solved! acer aspire 5560 charger goes off when plugged to the laptop
Solved! acer aspire sw5012 will not turn on and without charger, no lights, when charger plugged in to laptop,it shows a red light and
My asus laptop which I bought 4 months ago shuts down Immediately on removing the charger and won't open unless plugged in. An
Solved! hp pavilion .. laptop not turnin on removed the battery and plugged in the charger .. but it still doesnt turn on .. any help
Solved! Dell Inspiron 15 7579 2-in-1 AC Adapter Type Not Recognized
My Acer laptop 5570z won't come on and if I take out the battery and put it back and plug in charger after holding button , is
Laptop fan turns on when charger plugged in
Im buied dell g3 i7 laptop wl days before game are running smoothly in uhd while the charger plugged in and lagging when the c
laptop lags while playing game n charger plugged in
My Toshiba laptop won't turn on even after I took battery out and plugged in charger
My Dell laptop Not charging. The charger is good. I replaced a new battery but it's still saying plug in not charging. What
Hi. I plugged my asus laptop, the charger is working but the laptop ain't charging.
Every time I plug in my dell laptop, the charger light goes away and my computer won't turn on. What is wrong???
Laptop fan turning off when charger is plugged and starts when charger is removed.
Asus G751JY laptop doesn't turn on anymore, makes high-pitched sound when charger is plugged in.
laptop off as i plug off the charger cable
My Lenovo G50-30 laptop stopped charging at the percentage of 52% and continuesly decreasing if charger is plug out
Laptop Battery 0% Available (Plugged in, Charging), When Connected to Universal Charger

ASK THE COMMUNITY