I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius referb. It had worked fine but recently it died on me. When I press the power button the screen will light up the fan will spin and the keyboard will light up and then it will die. Then it will light up and spin and again and then die. It will repeat this process until I hold down the power button to shut it down, but it will never boot. Hardrive failure or bios or what?
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Another step you may want to try to check if the LCD is okay or not is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- And if all these will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.
Before I saw your response I actually pulled the hard drive and put it into my desktop as a third hardrive and ran through it looking for corrupt files. After I plug it back in it booted fine. Thanks for the help though!