Toshiba Satelite L50-A00V Upgrade?????

DPKarter43

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hi, im in the process of getting a new laptop for gaming and ive been looking at one that oi really like and thats the Toshiba Satelite L50-A00V. And i was wondering how upgradable the laptop is? I wouldnt mind eventully upgrading the graphics Card and RAM? So if anyone knows about this, i would appreciate the help.
Thanks DPKarter43

Solution

i won't argue about how it performs.

though you were asking how upgradeable it was, so to reiterate; RAM & HDD. that's about all you'll be able to upgrade.

Hazle

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
considering the price & being more of a mainstream laptop, i reckon the GPU is not upgradeable. ditto on the CPU as well, before you ask.

if it has a PCI slot, there's a way to add a desktop GPU and get added more performance, but personally, the performance you gain for the price just isn't worth it.

Hazle

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

i won't argue about how it performs.

though you were asking how upgradeable it was, so to reiterate; RAM & HDD. that's about all you'll be able to upgrade.

Solution
The CPU can be upgraded since it is socket FCPGA946. However, that depends on if the BIOS will recognize a CPU model above the i7-4600MQ. If Toshiba offer the same basic laptop with more powerful Core i7 CPUs, then i would be inclined to say yes you will be able to upgrade the CPU. If a CPU was installed and the BIOS does not recognize it then either the laptop will not boot up or the CPU will run at lower speeds.

If the CPU socket had the letters BGA, then it would not be upgraded because BGA basically means the CPU is soldered directly into the motherboard.