Toshiba Satellite A205 Freezes when AC Power cord is connected

leslieking

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
My Toshiba Satellite A205 stops responding when AC power is given to it from battery mode. When connected the laptop does not start at all. The PC runs perfectly well on battery only a. Any other AC connected still freezes the machine. Pls i need a solution.

idymifoyd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

listen it is an actually a hardware problem so it has to be repaired but other solution is that you run ur Windows and change your power plan to high performance and then plug in it will work but u have to operate your laptop on battery for to do that remember without getting it repaired u will not be able to operate it on to the AC power . Regards TALHA PARACHA

gouse22

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Solutions :-

THIS IS BECAUSE OF MOTHERBOARD PROBLEM, U NEED TO REPLACE CAPACITOR (NEC 22@)PACK WHICH IS AVILABLE BOTTOM OF MBD...Resolved it.

thanks...........

find me on google :- LAPNOSYS.in

Chip Level Motherboard Expert

richardic

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

its possible to do myself? how can it be done?
thanks
richardcoelho79@gmail.com

akki8888

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
The problem is due to the change in operating system You might have changed the default operating system i.e. Laptop might be rpeviously on Vista and you changed it to Windows 7 etc. I think the problem will solve once you put the original Windows in that.

Akshay K

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Please don't blame the Mother-board or any other Hardware...just change your Power saver plan to HIGH PERFORMANCE...ur problem is solved...

This can be done by clicking on the Power charging Icon at the right hand bottom of your screen and change the plan to HIGH PERFORMANCE... :)

suman_xn

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
HI GUYS,
I HAVE GOT THE SOLUTION FOR THE FREEZING PROBLEM AS I SEE LOTS OF POST REGARDING THIS ISSUE. PLEASE SEE BELOW THE SOLUTION & DO THE SAME I AM TELLING YOU....

DO NOT CONNECT AC ADAPTER
01) OPEN UP BATTERY FROM THE MACHINE.
02) REMOVE RAM.
03) REMOVE HARD DRIVE
04) REMOVE ALL THE SCREW & DISASSEMBLE ALL THE PARTS OF MACHINE.
05) REMOVE MOTHER BOARD.
06) MANAGE A 100 WAT LAMP
07) REMOVE PROCESSOR
08) BESIDES THE PROCESSOR YOU WILL SEE A NEC/TOKIN CHEAP.
09) GIVE SOME WATER IN THIS CHEAP.
10) AFTER THEN DRY IT GOOD ENOUGH & THEN PUT THE LAMP ON JUST 1INCH UPPER FROM THE CHEAP. POWER ON THE LAMP & BE THERE 13MIN.
11) AFTER THEN WHILE YOU WILL SATISFY THERE ARE NO WATER IN THE BOARD THEN PUT IT BACK PROCESSOR & RAM.
12) CONNECT THE AC ADAPTER & DISPLAY & TURN IT ON....

NOW SEE ITS RUNNING..... BE SMILE WHILE DONE...

(THIS IS A HARDWARE RELATED MATTER SO DO IT IN YOUR OWN RISK)

THANKS
SUMAN