Toshiba Satellite C655 coming apart

consolegamer

Estimable
May 23, 2014
I bought this laptop about 3 years ago. A few months ago, a screw in the upper-left corner came out and the two pieces of plastic separated at that corner. I put the screw back in, and it was fine. I've noticed the two pieces of plastic separating again, so I tightened that screw (and made sure all the ones close to it are tight as well) but it's still coming apart. I'll be getting a new laptop as a gift in two years, and I'd like to make this one last until then. I don't really care how it looks as I can get two more years out of it, so "ghetto" repairs are fine if they'll get the job done and hold up well.
Edit: I found out what the problem is. The threaded piece to hold the screw (IDK what it's called) on the inside of the case is broken. I just took half of it out. I'm guessing the best way to fix it would be to take the whole machine apart, drip some melted plastic where that part is, put the case back together as a guide, thread that glob of plastic, and then put the whole machine back together, possibly with a bit of superglue as added security.

consolegamer

Estimable
May 23, 2014
I opened the case up a little and found out that the piece the screw bites into is broken off. I'm gonna get a longer screw and drive it all the way through the case, then cut it and file the burrs off. Thanks for the suggestion though sanderzz.