Toshiba Satellite E45 Will Not Turn On?

CoupeDeville

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hello,

I Have a Toshiba Satellite E45-B4200. It has been working normally, 3 days ago I tried to turn it on and the white light around the power button illuminates (as normal) but I heard a single "bleep', and then it shut down. Nothing comes on the screen. Just when you try to start it, the light comes on, the laptop makes a bleep, then shuts off. Like it wont boot up. I'm not sure what is going on. I did drop the laptop about 2 weeks prior to this happening. But I don't know if that could be causing the problem.

Any assistance would be appreciated. The real bummer is, this laptop isn't even that old.

Thank you.

Solution
It could be a few things, but since you dropped it, I am wondering if something got jarred loose, and it has come completely disconnected now.

First, however, I would start with the simple stuff. Like the charger cord and the battery. Are you sure it is charging/getting power. If you believe it is (see signs of it) try the following and see if it helps you get it started.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or...
It could be a few things, but since you dropped it, I am wondering if something got jarred loose, and it has come completely disconnected now.

First, however, I would start with the simple stuff. Like the charger cord and the battery. Are you sure it is charging/getting power. If you believe it is (see signs of it) try the following and see if it helps you get it started.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If that didn't work, and if the laptop is still under warranty, I would suggest you contact the manufacturer.

However, if it isn't under warranty, and you feel comfortable opening it up, then look around for anything that is loose/disconnected. Especially cables, etc. They can easy get jarred loose. If you don't feel comfortable doing this all yourself, you can then take it to a tech/repair shop and have them look at it.

Solution