toshiba satellite l30 laptop problem

communion

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
My friend has got that old laptop with vista on it. It runs mega slow and ive tried everything i know to get it sorted but i couldnt. Literally starting up takes 10minutes and to open control panel around 3-4. I cant find any option for recovery system even in boot menu after pressing f2 and f12. Is there any way of saving that laptop? I dont have operating system for it to format the whole thing. But if thats the case would buying one help to recover it?

Solution
Shut down the computer then press and hold the zero (0) key, then power up the machine. You will get a recovery prompt. Now select 1 for 'Restore Original Factory Image' which means reinstall OS.

or

If holding the zero (0) key after powering on the machine does not make a recovery option prompt appear then you don't have this option you can possibly go through toshiba's website and get recovery disk for the machine that will reinstall to original factory state. Usually cost between $20-40. I hope this helps.

Chiisu

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Shut down the computer then press and hold the zero (0) key, then power up the machine. You will get a recovery prompt. Now select 1 for 'Restore Original Factory Image' which means reinstall OS.

or

If holding the zero (0) key after powering on the machine does not make a recovery option prompt appear then you don't have this option you can possibly go through toshiba's website and get recovery disk for the machine that will reinstall to original factory state. Usually cost between $20-40. I hope this helps.

Solution

communion

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
When i pressed zero button it made beeping noise which wouldnt stop for a while. I guess it doesnt have that option or there is a fault is a hard drive. I will try the second option. Thanks alot.