toshiba satellite L305 S5944

jimmmyjon

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I was installing the Insyde H2O bios update when I accedentally turned off the laptop. Now it boots up and comes on completely but theres nothing on the screen. I`m really bumming here if theres any way to fix this please let me know here or at <removed by mod>. Thank you.

Well first try this... turn the laptop completely off. Then attach an external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Can you see the screens on the external monitor?

If you can, then see if you can remove the BIOS update and return to the previous version. Also, If you can, then the attached display, or its ribbon cable may be your problem.

If you can't see anything on the external monitor either, then the graphics card/GPU is probably the issue.

jimmmyjon

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

jimmmyjon

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

jimmmyjon

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I remember as it turned off it read erasing bios do not turn off. Using it as a desktop with an external monitor and rf keyboard and mouse. Stiill it just comes on with nothing on the screen. If, I had another laptop I could put my hardrive in it and the problem would be solved but for now I`m guessing I`m sol.