Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1N8

chelgarden109

Commendable
May 2, 2016
This comp. will start and load the desktop and all of the items on the taskbar then sits and will not do anything,it even shows the correct time! I have tried loading from the rescue disc but no joy, any ideas?

Hi,

Have you tried connecting an external USB keyboard and mouse? Please do try these method in resetting it back to factory but do use an external USB keyboard and mouse because the problem may lie between those 2.

Here's the link: http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864

If it will still not work using an external USB keyboard and mouse try replacing the HDD if you have a spare one and see if the same problem will persist or not. But if the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact Toshiba for a repair.

chelgarden109

Commendable
May 2, 2016

chelgarden109

Commendable
May 2, 2016
Thanks, Laptop_Nerd, but I have just managed to get into it and do a refresh, Toshiba sure don't make things easy and I am not sure what I will end up with! fortunately I did a full backup in the new year so I can restore things, but the way my wife is with her comp. I am not sure if I will allow anything more basic than facebook scrabble and ebay, she can just look at it and it goes tits up LOL