Solved! Toshiba Satellite l500 black screen until windows loading

AnAccount

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
My toshiba has a black screen until the windows starts loading. So I cant see the booting nor enter the BIOS because I cant see what Im doing.
When I connect it to an external display, in this case my TV through a HDMI cable, it shows everything on the TV.
So is this a display problem, any easy fix?

AnAccount

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
It shows it. Only thing it doesn't show is the booting stuff. Like press F2 for bios or F12 for boot menu and other stuff.
I don't really need it that much, usually I only need it when Im installing new windows or a linux or whatever, but I have 2 windows on my laptop so I can't see which to choose unless Im connected to an external display. I use easy bcd or sth like that to change the boot order but it's not so convenient, besides I would like to fix the problem.

You have me on this one. I would say it could be that fast boot/ fast startup is running, but then why would you see the boot sequence on the other display. You can try the steps below to see if it helps.

To Turn On or Off Fast Startup in System Settings...

1. Go to 'Control Panel' and click on the "Power Options icon".
2. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left side.
3. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
4. If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click "Yes".
5. Do step 6 or step 7 below for what you would like to do.

6. To Turn On Fast Startup.
6a. Under "Shutdown settings", check the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

7. To Turn Off Fast Startup.
7a. Under "Shutdown settings", uncheck the "Turn on fast startup box", click "Save changes", and go to step 8 below.

8. You can now close the 'System Settings' window.

Note: If the "Turn on fast startup" setting is not listed, then you will need to close the "System Settings" window, enable "hibernate", and then start over at step 1 again.

AnAccount

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
I don't think it has anything to do with it because it worked normal before and I didn't change anything, besides as you said "You have me on this one. I would say it could be that fast boot/ fast startup is running, but then why would you see the boot sequence on the other display".
Edit: I disabled fast boot but nothing changed.

AnAccount

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Update.
Previously I only tried to connect my laptop to the tv through HDMI but when I try to do it over the VGA I don't get any screen.
I suppose my laptops VGA is dead?

AnAccount

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Crap :(
Yeah, it's an old laptop but I really like it, it survived so much :D
And just recently I got a new housing for it.
Guess I will live with the problem, it's not that big I can still use it and if I need the bios or a new system installed I can connect it to an external display with HDMI, hope it's survies like this for a while and the graphics don't go bad all the way, heh.
Guess it's better I don't try doing anything on the motherboard coz I could just make it worse.
Anyway, tnx for the support