Toshiba Satellite L775D Keyboard - update

stringrazor

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Somehow my thread was closed and locked and the wrong answer was picked as "best" (how did that happen, it was MY thread?!). Brett928S2 made a comment I wanted to reply to and couldn't so I'll have to do it like this.

----------------------------
stringrazor said:
Thanks for the replies but think you're both wrong. According to an experienced guy on the Toshiba forum, any kbd for the 775D will work. He has found $8 replacements from china are often as good or better than OEM. Going with a $16 replacement that looks physically exact to OEM. Not a huge risk. Lots of folks out there selling keyboards for $50 and more and some selling individual key repair "kits" for $7! What rip offs!
------------------------------

Brett928S2 said
Hi

Wow an experienced guy on a Tosh forum...or myself whose company buys several HUNDRED laptop keyboards EVERY month....

I wonder who I would believe....lol

All the best Brett
------------------------------

I would believe the guy who was proven to be RIGHT. I got the new keyboard, dropped it in and it works perfectly. So following your advice that I had to have the EXACT keyboard specified for the the sub model # (L777D-whatever) would have cost me more money needlessly and the "experienced guy on a TOSH form" was absolutely correct.

Hi :)

Lol...

The WRONG keyboard would NOT work, so you obviously have the CORRECT keyboard.... BUT if its cheap Chinese copy, I wouldn't plan on it lasting long term... :(

Well done :)

All the best Brett :)