Toshiba Satellite L775D Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

stringrazor

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
My wife spilled some wine on her keyboard and some keys no longer work. The keyboard is easy to replace but there are so many sub-L775D models and I see 3rd party replacement prices from $50+ to $15. I'm hoping that there's little (or no?) difference between replacement keyboards for L775D sub models ... is that true? Many ebay sellers don't list the sub models. My wife's model is an L775D-s7340. Will a keyboard for any L775dD model fit and work?

Solution
Personally, I wouldn't buy a replacement laptop keyboard where they did not list the exact model/sub model. Screw hole positions may have changed, it might be for a different market...who knows.

stringrazor

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for the replies but think you're both wrong. According to an experienced guy on the Toshiba forum, any kbd for the 775D will work. He has found $8 replacements from china are often as good or better than OEM. Going with a $16 replacement that looks physically exact to OEM. Not a huge risk. Lots of folks out there selling keyboards for $50 and more and some selling individual key repair "kits" for $7! What rip offs!

Hi :)

Wow an experienced guy on a Tosh forum...or myself whose company buys several HUNDRED laptop keyboards EVERY month....

I wonder who I would believe....lol

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.