Toshiba Satellite P200

arunk1

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I have recently setup my Toshiba Satellite P200 notebook as a Win-XP(SP 2) & Win-Vista HP dual boot. I have also installed the SpeedFan utility to monitor component temperature on the system.

When booting with Win-Vista Home Premium, the CPU temperature is generally in the 50-55(degree Celsius) range. However, on booting with XP, the temperature shoots up to the 65-70(degree Celsius) range and a loud noise from the fan is heard.

Would someone be able to help me figure out as to what could be the problem with the installation?

Thanks

Arun

arunk1

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
The CPU chip is an Intel Core(2) duo T7500. I have configured the MBR using a third-party tool(Easy BCD) to read the individual partitions at boot-time.

I am not sure about the Power Profile aspect as the options available on XP are rather limited in terms of component based performance configuration. Is there a tool that you could recommend that could be used to standardize the profile across both the operating systems?

arunk1

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009

The CPU chip is an Intel Core(2) duo T7500. I have configured the MBR using a third-party tool(Easy BCD) to read the individual partitions at boot-time.

I am not sure about the Power Profile aspect as the options available on XP are rather limited in terms of component based performance configuration. Is there a tool that you could recommend that could be used to standardize the profile across both the operating systems?