Question Toshiba Satellite p845 s4200

Jul 13, 2020
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me or you have seen this before. I have this old laptop that I want to get up and running again.

The hinges to the plastic back are broken and I can't seem to figure out what I would need to do or what I would need to order to get it back together properly. If someone can guide me in the right direction I would be thankful.

I really appreciate it!

hang-the-9

Titan
No way to know what you need to without seeing the laptop. Most likely you need to replace the shell or whatever part is cracked. It may be a lot easier to just replace the laptop with a full working one, models from that era are pretty cheap, you can find them under $200 easily.

Jul 13, 2020
No way to know what you need to without seeing the laptop. Most likely you need to replace the shell or whatever part is cracked. It may be a lot easier to just replace the laptop with a full working one, models from that era are pretty cheap, you can find them under $200 easily.
Thanks very much for the response. I know. I need to replace the outer shell because the threads are completely broken that screw into the hinges. I’m going to try to glue them together and if that doesn’t work I will look into maybe buyer an older version. It’s hard finding parts for this model. Thanks a lot!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
I Laptop Tech Support 0
GoogleThread25 Laptop Tech Support 1
RamanMistri Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
ftothn Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 0