Solved! Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 has blown two power supplies?

Solution
Assuming you have the old battery and install it, is there any change in behavior with either of the previously mentioned power supplies?

Jimbo55

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Maybe a little more context to the story would be useful. Please explain with a bit more detail.
Well. I have just reformatted hard drive and installed windows 7 with updates and relevant software. The battery is defunct so I left it out. No sooner had I had it running for maybe an hour it switched off. Checked the power supply and found it dead. Fortunately I had a spare in the shed. This ran the laptop for another few minutes and this battery died too. Both PSU's were original Toshiba ones for the said laptop. I am loathe to try another until I can spot the cause. The fan is clean and there is no overheating. Thanks for your help.

Jimbo55

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
The old power supplies are both dead (checked with my multimeter) and I am loathe to buy another. I will try with another psu from an Acer with the battery in and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Jimbo55

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Latest. Put the old battery in. Ran the laptop with a Fujitsu PSU. So far running OK. NEVER taking the battery out. LOL. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited: