Toshiba Satellite wont boot from USB to OS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

katates

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I have toshiba satellite c55-a-1u6.
I removed Windows 8.1 and recovery. Not I want to install Windows 8.1 again from usb stick.

I disabled Secure Boot from Bios and made the USB priority 1. Still I cant access the installation page all I got is Checking media...
No bootable device - please restart system

Also there is no option to select UEFI or CMS in bios.

Note: Stick is fine. I tried with my asus n53s and its working like a charm.

MR_WIZZARD

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
As I look through this problem solver database, I find that this seems to be a common problem with Toshibas. The boot and repair disks that I made on the first startup are worthless, as the system doesn't recognize them. Three satellites; same problem.

Digger68

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
I'm having the same problem - Hard disk was broken, so bought a replacement, bought recovery DVD via Toshiba, wouldn't boot from that. Copied files onto USB drive (and made bootable). Always get the same errors:
checking media [Fail]
...then...
No bootable decide - please restart

Has anybody got a fix to this? Tried all USB ports, tried disabling secure boot, changed boot order.

Lexmarker

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Hey Katates, I had the same issue . There is an option to change to CMS after you disable secure boot. You need to access advanced settings and boot settings to find it . It is a little hidden

Hope this helps

James

Reactions: linuxsawy

BJBoyette

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015

This is the only response I have found on ANY web site that addresses the UEFi format issue. Since my BIOS is Ver. 1.10, the change UEFi to CMS option is not available. If this procedure doesnt allow me to install Windows 7 - 64 bit, I am going to throw this piece of Toshiba crap in the trash... and get on with my life. If i had know that Windows 8.1 basically turned my computer into an Apple... i would of just bought and Apple to begin with. Live and Learn.

WillyMakori

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
This actually worked. Thank YOUUUU!!

Reactions: Eduardo_18

Omid Jan

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
Hello!
I am try to change my new TOSHIBA harman/kardon satellite from UEFI to CSM, but while I am geeing enter to the BOIS advanced setup, I already find the UEFI option, but its block or disabled to change and I no have right to change it, what is the way solve my problem to boot new operating system Windows 8.1 from USB or other external devices?

uchi-gh

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks Barth_bs, your solutions worked perfectly for me. I have had this Toshiba NB10-A986 troubling me for a while now, thanks to your post, my problem is solved.

Sandman_Myk

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016

Mitch, you saved my life. I did it, after 4 hours of nerves.

Cheers man, if you ever pass throught Romania, Bucharest, i owe you a beer :)))

Bogdan_92

Commendable
May 21, 2016

I disabled Secure Boot in bios but i don't have an option for boot mode, probably because it's an old version of bios.
I plugged my usb stick, spammed F12 and it led me to a screen where i can choose from usb or the hdd. After i select the usb the laptop just starts normally with the boot from the hdd. Does anyone have any sugestions?
I am using a Toshiba Satellite CL10-C-102 and i am trying to install windows 7. Curently i have windows 10

Najeebullah_1

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
n order to boot using UEFI from the Windows 7 installation media, follow this procedure.

-Shut down Windows 8 while pressing the Shift key to completely power off.

-Power on and press F2 while the Toshiba logo is displayed to enter the UEFI Setup Menu.

-Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".

-Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot."

-Press F10 to save and exit.
najeebullah danish

Utilisateur777

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Try to acces on the bios
Clicking f2 at boot of pc
And change the order of bootage, puts usb in first position

If you do not have access to the bios, come back on Windows
And launches the Toshiba Setup application.
it replaces the bios.
Since this tool, click on 'Keyboard' and change the Mode of touches fonctions (Fn).

Status
Not open for further replies.