Toshiba satellite wont reboot and clicks when powered up

Jack42

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Was playing a videogame when it froze and crashed saying there was an issue that occured. I power it up and it clicks constantly then comes up with the message "No bootable device. Please check if the boot mode is correct in the BIOS settings. The BIOS settings menu is launched by pressing the [F2] key after you reboot." I know hoe to get to the bios but im not tech savvy and idk what to do. I unplugged, took the battery out znd pressed the power button for 30 seconds but it did nothing.
Satellite L75-C7136
Windows 10
I5 core

(Update) i did some digging and the clicking may be due to the fact that the hard drive may be stuck and when i looked in the BIOS is said there was no hard drive so could this be the issue?

It sounds like the drive may well be the issue. If it is, you run the risk of losing all your personal data.

NOTE: If the device is still under warranty, do not open it up yourself. Contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement. Now if it isn't under warranty....

Try the following and see if it will let you get in, if it doesn't help, then you are going to have to open up the laptop and pull the hard drive. Connect it to another computer (externally via USB), you will need an adapter cord to do so, and see if you can access the data on the drive. If yes, great, you can copy it over to the computer and save it for moving back once you have a new drive installed on the laptop.

Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Jack42

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

Not even the spinning circle is showing up when i boot it. It shows the toshiba screen. And then goes to "no bootable device" i did try taking it apart but i didnt want to pry to hard in fear of breaking stuff so i didnt. But i feel based off of what im researching that the hardrive is "stuck" and i just need to "unstick it" as it were

Jack42

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

Unfortunately it is not under warrenty. So im most likely looking at needing a new drive.