Solved! Toshiba sound bar help

Aug 3, 2019
I have a Toshiba TY-WSB600 sound bar with a wireless subwoofer that I am trying to connect to my Vizio V505-G9 TV. I have connected the sound bar to the TV using a HDMI cable, and can get sound out of the sound bar, and can control it with the TV remote. My problem is that I can't get the sound bar to pair with the wireless subwoofer. It does not automatically pair when turned on, and I have tried the manual pairing as outlined in the instructions using the Pair button on the rear of the subwoofer without success. The sound bar and subwoofer are just a few feet apart, but won't pair. Any suggestions on what to try next would be SO appreciated - I have gone thru the pairing instructions dozens of times, unplugged everything, etc. Do I need to use a digital audio fiber optical cable instead so everything works properly, or is this an issue between the sound bar and the subwoofer? I do have the TV signal output set to PCM. I appreciate your help.

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I know that the subwoofer is plugged in and on because I can see the little red light of the back of it flash slowly and then more rapidly when I press it for 5 seconds and it attempts to pair.
Any ther ideas? I have connected my phone to the sound bar using Bluetooth, but can’t get the subwoofer to pair with the sound bar no matter what the audio input - leading me to believe this isn’t a tv issue.

Aug 3, 2019
I think I have a faulty subwoofer. When I try as you suggested to hold the pair/play button so that the blue LED blinks on the sound bar,after depressing the pair button on the back of the subwoofer, I can hear a single crackle from the subwoofer before it goes back to flashing slowly from flashing rapidly. I don’t have any places on the subwoofer or sound bar to do an ID reset. If I find a new subwoofer, would that be compatible with my sound bar?
Thanks again.