toshiba tecra r950 recovery cds or usb flash drive

godinosa

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
hi.
recently i bought a used i7 tecra r950 with radeon card.
that machine's hard disk was formatted and then they installed windows 10, the recovery partition is lost.
in addition, at bottom it has a sticker saying 'windows 8 pro' but it does not have a COA sticker.
i attempted to buy the recovery media from support.toshiba.com, they recognized my serial but when i enter the part number (pt530u-0e50cq) they said this:

'Unfortunately, recovery media is not available for your TECRA R950. This issue has been logged, and Toshiba staff will investigate. It's possible it'll be fixed soon. You should try again here in a week or so.'

i have already tried several times from the first time, same automated response .

do you know if they are selling the recovery media for these machines at this time?
is there a mail address where i can contact them for this issue?

thanks,
Miguel

EDITED 12/12/2016: I WANT TO BUY THE RECOVERY CD'S FOR MY MACHINE, I AM RECEIVING ALLWAYS AN AUTOMATED NEGATIVE RESPONSE FROM TOSHIBA SUPPORT WEBSITE: DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO CONTACT THEM?

Solution
Well if the computer was originally using 8, but now has 10, and the site is doing that, I would say there is no way for them to get what you need, due to the change. Most computers anymore make the recovery disks (or on a USB) by the user/owner. They don't really come with disks anymore.

If the OS is on it, you can create a recovery disk on your own, or you can just purchase new software and start fresh.
Well if the computer was originally using 8, but now has 10, and the site is doing that, I would say there is no way for them to get what you need, due to the change. Most computers anymore make the recovery disks (or on a USB) by the user/owner. They don't really come with disks anymore.

If the OS is on it, you can create a recovery disk on your own, or you can just purchase new software and start fresh.

Solution