Toshiba Touch Screen and USB Ports do not work when windows boots up

Faizan_Sarfraz

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I have a toshiba satellite L50t-b1780. It was working fine but suddenly the USB Ports and Touch Screen have stopped working.
There is no hardware problem, the ports and touch screen work fine when I press F2 and I am in the F2 menu, but as soon as I exit the F2 menu and the windows loads up, the ports and touch screen stop working.
In the Device Manager of Windows 10, I can see yellow question mark on the "USB Controllers" and it says "The device failed to start". I have tried the 30 second trick but it does not work :( Please help

Faizan_Sarfraz

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Yes! But they won't update. It simply says that it already has the latest drivers installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers too, but to no avail. By the way, Happy New Year!

Faizan_Sarfraz, I deleted your duplicate thread and you'll get an e-mail saying you broke the rules.

Please don't take it too seriously - that rule isn't a big but one thread on the same subject is enough. Other posters will get to your problem sooner or later but not always immediately.

Rick45

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

Did you try searching the internet OR the Toshiba site for updated drivers, it is best to go to Toshiba's home site to get updated drivers.