Toshiba win 10 Blue screen with black/blue/green lines

Jun 20, 2018
In all my years of dealing with computers, I've never seen this particular occurrence.

I switch it on and get the Toshiba logo screen, which it pauses on for maybe a little longer than usual and then I get a blue screen with columns of different coloured dark lines.

Then, it switches off.

I've removed the battery and replaced it. I've tried pressing f2, and f1, and f12 to no avail.

Alt+ctrl+delete restarts it when it's on the blue screen (and the issue repeats).

Solution
Thank you @smorizio for taking the time to reply.

It turned out to be a hard drive failure. I took it to bits, reseated and checked the board and gave it a nice clean and dust but nothing changed. I then tried a different hard drive and it is working again. I didn't think that it was the gpu because it ran linux from a stick just fine. Ubuntu flagged up disk errors.
check your laptop spec. if the unit has a two gpu (intel and amd or nvidia see if the second gpu is not seated. if you dont think you can open your laptop if it under warranty rma it. also reseat your ram. if the unit still shutting down it can be a bad system board or heat issue. check that the cpu cooler is still on the cpu chip.

Jun 20, 2018
Thank you @smorizio for taking the time to reply.

It turned out to be a hard drive failure. I took it to bits, reseated and checked the board and gave it a nice clean and dust but nothing changed. I then tried a different hard drive and it is working again. I didn't think that it was the gpu because it ran linux from a stick just fine. Ubuntu flagged up disk errors.

Solution