Totaladperformance popups in Chrome

SultanessX

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
I have recently begun receiving random pop up pages while browsing in Google Chrome. These are actually more like a hijacker than a pop up, as it loads an entirely new tab in my browsing session, not just a small, pop-up window. The pages always come up blank, but the address is always http://totaladperformance.*. Additionally, since this began happening,the pages I am trying to load take longer, and the "resolving host" message often shows at the bottom of the screen for a long time. I have tried CCleaner, MalWare Bytes, Spybot S&D, ADW Cleaner, following various guides online (although none of them exactly matched the problems and settings I was seeing), and have even tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome. Nothing seems to fix the problem, and I would be happy to hear any advice on how to fix this. Thanks!

SultanessX

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015

The app doesn't have a listing in extensions, although I did try disabling all of my extensions one at a time in order to see if it was related to any of them. I haven't tried Malwarebytes in Safe Mode yet, but I will try that next. Thanks!