My Toshiba laptop is touchscreen but i rarely use it as one. So I've come to costume of just using the touch pad. It always disappeared from the screen in the past, but now it won't come back. So now I've just been using the touch screen but I can't do a lot of what i used to with the pointer.
You may need to attach an external mouse to try and set this up.
Try the following and see if it fixes it...
1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".
Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics drivers.
If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.