Touchpad stops working

rzm_sikorsky

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi everyone

I have an Asus Transformer 3 Pro 2-in-1 detachable laptop. My touchpad stops working when i install ATK package and if don't install ATK package, my keyboard's "fn functions" stops working as well. and after installation of ATK package if i install touchpad driver, i can't use fn functions. what shall i do to fix it?
(my laptop runs win 10 pro and all of drivers i've installed were downloaded from Asus site)

Solution
It might be worth looking at the Power Saving option for that touchpad. If it's set to be allowed to switch itself off to save power, when the machine comes out of sleep it may remain turned off.
Sep 14, 2018
I have been experiencing the same issue. I have TWO laptops Asus Notebook UX306U. Both started to have the issue mid-July 2018, I believe after a windows 10 update. I have tried everything from updating all drivers, BIOS, etc. to factory reset, and still the problem persists.

When I close the lid, even if closing the lid is set to "do nothing", when I reopen the lid, the touchpad isn't working anymore and the only thing that will make it work again is rebooting.

The touchpad also stops working randomly after using the computer anywhere between 10 to 60 minutes.

I have talked to Asus tech support, and after trying every suggestions, the only conclusion was to send them my computer so they can have a look because they believe it to be a hardware issue, wich would cost an estimated 600$ for a 1300$ computer. It's insane! You would expect the computer to work perfectly 2 years after purchase.

And it doesn't make sens. I have 2 computers of the exact same model experiencing the same issue. It has to be a software issue due to windows update or driver update...

Anyway, let me know if you are experiencing the same thing issue. Thanks.

rzm_sikorsky

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

The keys used to work by holding fn and pressing the target key, but after win 10 update i gotta chose between thouch pad of fn keys

ATK package is my keyboard driver to activate fn keys

rzm_sikorsky

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

thanks for sharing your experience. i'll let you know if i manage to fix it. i'm gonna write to Asus and see if it's because of incompatibility between win 10 update and asus drivers, asking them to release a fix package.

Sep 14, 2018

Actually I managed to fix the problem! I found some drivers for the touchpad that were more up to date than the one provided on the asus site or by support. The latest driver I can download on the site for my computer was v06 but I found v25 via another site, wich fixed the problem. It's ridiculous!

Sep 24, 2018

can you send the link of the v25 driver? and how you fix it I am having the same issue

Sep 14, 2018

Found it here, in the Other Drivers section :
https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

Here is the direct link to the Asus Precision Touchpad 11.0.25 :
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/TouchPad/Touchpad_ASUS_Win10_64_VER11025.zip