Touchscreen and Touchpad misbehaving after SSD install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2JZGTE

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Hi all,

Just purchased an Acer Spin 3 laptop and first thing I did was re-install windows on an SSD because the bloatware + HDD combination was horrible.

So everything is working properly except for the touchscreen and touchpad : on some webpages I can't scroll using the touchscreen or touchpad. I can only tap/click. Sometimes I can't even tap on the screen, all my taps are registered as right-clicks... After a while it comes back to normal. And it's not always the same pages that are faulty.

What solves the problem is restarting my web browser or rebooting the laptop.

I honestly didn't use the laptop with the original windows/HDD install long enough to compare, but could this be a drivers problem?

Thanks.

2JZGTE

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Yes everything looks up to date.
Edit : both have the following driver and date : 10.0.14393.351, 6/21/2006... and can't update any further with Windows.

I've been searching for a driver to manually install using Hardware ID without success.

2JZGTE

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Downloaded touchpad driver, touchscreen driver not available on the website (link). According to Acer technical support it's because they don't have newer versions!
I find it weird that the date is 2006 and the version is 10.0.14393.351 which is a mobile build of W10 update.

Could my only solution be to revert back to the bloated OEM version? Like I said I didn't try it long enough to know if it worked properly, it was way too laggy and I switched to SSD as soon as possible. Let's pretend the OEM version works perfectly, what would be so magic about the OEM version that the retail doesn't/can't have? Could I be missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS