Touchscreen Cell Phones Are Really, Really Dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
FFS, toughen up people. We are humans, we live in the world, not in bubbles.

We seem to have survived this far pretty damn well without flu shots or hand sanitizer. Im sure we can survive a dirty phone.

We survived as cave men, eating and sleeping in our own filth. Our immune systems are like our bodies. Train them well and they will be tough as nails. Wrap them in cotton wool and they will fall over in a stiff breeze.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I've got it! Germ killing screen protectors! Oh wait, they give your face an allergic reaction. So it's either pink cheeks or dirty screens... ;-)

G

We shouldn't be too worried, our hands are protected by dead skin cells. The only time you should be worried is when you get a cut and rub it all over your HIV infected iphone (or that very dirty toilet bowl).

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I don't get it; what is it that makes a touch screen phone more infested with germs than a regular cell phone? At least a touch screen phone is easier to clean.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
OMG you mean..... The world is a dirty place?!

Really, who cares. Everything is covered in Bacteria, etc because thats life. Our body contains nearly 10x more bacteria than our actual cells! But this is a Symbiotic relationship, without bacteria we'd be dead.

This is why we have immune systems, and all other defensese... To get hogwild and wash and disinfect EVERYTHING multiple times a day because you're afraid you're actually going to cause more trouble than harm over time.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Actually... its not Touchscreen Cell Phones.

Its "Cell Phones".... they ALL get dirty.

If anything, a touch screen is far easier to clean than the typical OLD style phone with buttons.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Sorry but i think i would lick my screen on my phone ten times rather than even touching my toilet seat..because a cold or even the flu is much more worth it than getting herpes or a staph infection

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
This just seems stupid; if you go and read a book guess how many people have touched that same book? The difference is that most people don't clean books compared to their cellphones. Simple fact is that if your that worried about touching a dirty phone you shouldn't go outside. Ill take my chances with my own cell phone then going shopping for things like fruit (I don't even want to know how many people have touched an apple I might have bought).

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]FFS, toughen up people. We are humans, we live in the world, not in bubbles.We seem to have survived this far pretty damn well without flu shots or hand sanitizer. Im sure we can survive a dirty phone.We survived as cave men, eating and sleeping in our own filth. Our immune systems are like our bodies. Train them well and they will be tough as nails. Wrap them in cotton wool and they will fall over in a stiff breeze.[/citation]

the problem is humans are getting weaker and weaker these days. big thanks to over acting "stupid/moron" parents who just over product their child and their elderly parents. OMG ITS FLU RUN FOR YOUR LIVESSsssss!

Im very against taking any kind of Anti-biotic or any flu shots or whatsoever. the only shots I took are life threating ones like lockjaw (tenets whatever u call that), cowpox(for small pox), and Hep B.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]I heard that hand sanitizer makes your balls shrink. We're all screwed either way.[/citation]
stop touching your balls all the time dude

tempelife

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
So ridiculous. Who want to live in a germ free world? If you're relatively healthy, you shouldn't worry about it. It's hard enough to catch something by sleeping with a girl who is actually infected with something. If I take my chances there, a touchscreen is going to be like walking into an AMD clean room. THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.